They Brew it, I sell it, You Drink it... and so do I..

Friday 10 January 2014

Your Local Offie's For Life, Not Just Christmas

 January...

Pfffttt.. A misery of a month. Dark days, cold nights and generally constantly wet. It always baffles me then why people choose to make themselves even more miserable by choosing this month (of all of them!) to stop drinking! Why would you deny yourself the one simple pleasure to make the month go just that little bit quicker? In case you didn't know, the liver is the most bad ass organ you have which can recover from any punishment you might think it has received over Christmas in a couple of days!

January is the one month of the year when local off licenses (like ours) and local pubs look over the takings sheets and start to have a little panic. "It's always slow in January" we'll tell ourselves, but should it really be? And could we be doing more to encourage more (but certainly responsible) drinking to lift the spirits in this dark and weary month?

It's how I always like to say... Don't drink more, and don't drink less! Just drink better. There's no hidden meanings in this, I just mean drink better.. have a better attitude to alcohol. If you think you need to take a month off at the start of the year then I really don't think you have a healthy attitude (or lifestyle) towards alcohol. Look further into the reasons why you feel you should be having such a big break from the good stuff. I know we all get a bit more merry than normal around Christmas, but we shouldn't let things get so bad that abstinence should be the option. I mean, I like a pie for dinner from time to time, but I never have so many as to say - I can't eat those for a month now...

I think you know what I'm trying to say... even so, we all know January sucks... But don't forget about us. We, the little locals who don't have big people backing us up in the slow times. Little locals that depend on the people's trade, *your* trade. We are more grateful than you can know for your trade.

And I can tell you this for certain, it's a service we are very happy, and proud to deliver.

Don't make January feel more bleak than it needs to be...

And please, let's have a little more fun!


1 comment:

  1. 'Don't make January feel more bleak than it needs to be...'

    YES! (Please?)

    ReplyDelete